JUST ANNOUNCED!!! The Naturalist Trail Race - October 8, 2016
Come explore the same trails that William Bartram, "The Naturalist", ventured on in the late 1700's. These ultimate trail races will cover some of the most challenging ground in the Southeast. Runners will leave from downtown Franklin, NC at 8am and travel to the Bartram Trail area on Wallace Branch. Here runners will start the brutal climb that ultimately leads to Wayah Bald. From the Wallace Branch trail head to the top of Wayah Bald is aproximately 11 miles. The 25k willl have over 7000' of climbing, making your legs feel weak just reading this. Don't worry though, the 50k has over 10,500' of climbing. There will be multiple stations with food and water. When you reach Wayah Bald cruise through the finish line and grab a t-shirt or turn around and head back down the mountain! All 25k racers will be encouraged to leave shortly after finishing the race and heading back to Outdoor 76 (located on Main Street in Franklin, NC) for the post race meal, music, beer....and oh yeah awards!
- Racers can pick up packet on Friday from 10am-7pm at Outdoor 76 located at 35 East Main Street in Franklin, NC.
- All racers must sign a waiver before participating
- Race shirts will ONLY be given to finishers
- Race will be begin promptly at 8am
- Racers are encouraged to carry at least 1 liter of water on the climb from Wallace Branch to Wayah Bald. Very limited access in the area.